A Mine Countermeasures ROV
The ISE Trailblazer is a tethered, high speed, remotely operated vehicle. It is capable of operating to depths of up to 1500 meters in tidal currents, while carrying out a variety of military, scientific, industrial, or mine countermeasure missions. The system has executed trials under operational conditions and has proven its effectiveness in the location, identification, and disposal of underwater objects. The design criteria used in developing a system most suited to the mine countermeasure roles envisioned included the following:CONTACT US TODAY
- High power propulsion system to allow ease of maneuvering in strong tidal currents and to reduce overall mission time.
- Power supplied from the surface gives it the ability to carry out missions for extended periods of time.
- Low magnetic and acoustic signatures.
- Provision for both sonar and TV systems which allow for rapid identification of underwater objects.
- High payload carrying capabilities allow the transport of a number of mine disposal charges.
- User friendly and easy operation.
A standard airfreight container can be used as the system’s combat information center. This container also provides for vehicle storage and shipping. When used in this configuration, it provides rapid deployment and fast mobilization. A bellypack can be used when the vehicle is on the surface. It enables the pilot to maneuver the ROV as required during launch and recovery from a remote location when mine hunting. This eliminates the need to recover the vehicle when moving from contact to contact.
The Trailblazer Mine Countermeasures system is proven. It has successfully completed 21 operations worldwide. Ten operations were done with the United States Navy and Coast Guard during Agile Knight, Deep Sweep, Solid Shield, and Oceans naval exercises. The system has also been demonstrated for the Minister of Defence – Australia, Defence Research Establishment Pacific, DARPA, Denmark, Norway, the UK, and in South America and the Middle East.